10.11.2006

Happy 10,000 to Outer Space Gamelan


Recently this blog hit 10,000 individual site hits. Despite the fact that most of them are probably just me, it still swells my cockles with pride at the notion that something I started (for a lark!) is now viewed and visited daily or otherwise by people from the world. I'm well aware that there are plenty of other zines and blogs who do 10,000 hits in a given hour, but nevertheless I think it's pretty good for something I started with almost zero promotion or advertising. I just started writing about music every day because it was something to do and it snowballed from there. So if you would please oblige me a few lines, I'd just like to say a big thanks to anybody who reads the site, who has it bookmarked, who has it linked on their page, who left a comment (positive or negative - OK just the positive ones), who passed on information, who dropped me an email, who took the time to send me a sampling of your wares in the mail and especially anybody and everybody who ever stopped to pay a compliment or a word of encouragement - it's greatly appreciated. If you'll excuse me I think the band is playing me off. I'll have to save this in a .txt file somewhere for when I get to 20,000. Anyway thanks again and see you tomorrow I suppose.
Keep scrolling to get to today (Oct. 10)'s review.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't comment every post for many reasons, bad english, records i can't tell a word on etc, but be sure i like what you're doing, grtz
Ptrsh

10/11/2006 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations !
And thanks for all the reviews, it's always a pleasure to read you and find out about new stuff.

10/11/2006 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I´ve been reading every review from your blog for about a month now. Bookmarked it in my rss reader, so I´m getting the updates as soon as you poste them. I really like your reviews and get new information about musicians / projects etc. whenever I read them. Keep it going & Thanx a lot

cheers

R

10/11/2006 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog! keep up the good work

10/11/2006 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Matt! It's a blog but it doesn't suck!

Kisses!

10/11/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Outer Space Gamelan said...

Aw you guys are going to make me tear up. Thanks again!

10/11/2006 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big F@n! Great site. Would recommend to others. A++++

==-=__--UniqueDrone--__=-==

10/13/2006 4:18 AM  
Blogger Outer Space Gamelan said...

10/10

10/13/2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still reading it at least every other day. one of the few pages I'm excited to log on to and see what's new.

keep it up!

- James

10/13/2006 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home